Resident Wellness Coordinator
Resident Wellness Coordinator
The Chinese-American Planning Council, Inc. (CPC) is a vibrant workforce of over 700 professionals who work in the service of ensuring that immigrants, Chinese-Americans, and low income people receive access to benefits and assistance, education and health care that they need. On behalf of the CPC Housing Development Fund Corporation, a CPC-affiliated organization, we are seeking a qualified social worker to provide supportive and clinical intervention for residents of our affiliated low-income/senior citizen housing units.
The Resident Wellness Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide both individual case work services and socialization opportunities to residents residing in the CPC-affiliated housing units at Hong Ning Senior Housing. This is a non-exempt position.
Location: Hong Ning Senior Housing, 50 Norfolk Street, New York NY 10002.
Hours: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM or as needed. Occasional evening/weekend hours may be required to attend meetings and/or for special sessions with tenants.
Director, CPC Manhattan Community Services for all clinical matters (clinical supervisor);
Director of Operations for all administrative and facilities matters.
- Maintain a caseload of tenants who are senior citizens, or individuals with special medical or psycho-social needs, who are low-income and may have experienced homelessness.
- Assist in making referrals to programs serving low income seniors, and other tenants with special medical and/or psycho-social needs
- Maintain and foster close working relationship with Property Manager and staff to facilitate the resolution of tenant-related and administrative issues.
- Lead workshops and training sessions for property management staff on issues related to elder care, senior-related referrals and tenants’ rights.
- Provide ongoing, active outreach, and creative engagement to tenants.
- Conduct and prepare comprehensive assessments, case logs, and case notes to help tenants develop action plans to achieve goals.
- Work with tenants and property management to coordinate eviction prevention efforts and with budgeting/financial literacy support.
- Assist tenants with accessing needed medical, mental health support.
- Assist tenants with conflict resolution among tenants and building management staff.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Work to build community and peer support among tenants including participation in community programming activities.
- Coordinate with Host agency and/or provide entitlement services to seniors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Social Work preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field required.
- Excellent problem solving ability with good crisis intervention, communication, strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience serving people who are homeless, mentally ill, older adult and/or medically needy required.
- Bilingual Cantonese/English a MUST. Mandarin and/or Spanish fluency a plus.
- Computer and Online literacy required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to Steven Yip: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Tenant Wellness) or apply online at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1612188
Excellent benefits package and paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick and personal days. Medical insurance coverage including Dental and Vision; Basic Life Insurance and AD&D coverage; 403(b) Retirement
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Hong Ning Senior Housing
June 12, 2017